Mechanical apprentice at EDF Energy

Bridgwater
11th June 2015

9.8/10

mechanical apprentice learning workshop skills and machining. working on mechanical plant items such as...pumps, valves etc.

yes. no previous skills in overhauling plant equipment and majority of machine shop equipment (lathes). developed existing skills such as use of tools and techniques.

i really enjoy working with technicians in my team as they have a lot of experience and knowledge to pass on to us. the scheme is very supportive of the apprentices as well.

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

in perspective i'm an apprentice so obviously not as valued as the experienced technicians, however the compnay do support us as much as possible and do what they can to progress us further.

expectations and requirements are laid out to us at the beginning and also throughout the scheme. it is easy to follow and complete what is needed.

as much as required, if any help is needed i only have to ask.

a lot of support is offered to us if required and our employer very supportive to any problems in or outside of work.

i think it is a good package for an apprentice, especially in comparison to other apprenticeship schemes. it meets my costs well.

the first two years there are plenty of opportunies offered to do things outside of work such as life skill trips, and also possible for apprentices to organise outings eg. skydiving or fundraising events.

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

it offers many opportunities to learn new skills and develop as a person, as well as being a supportive company who wants to see you succeed.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *

take every opportunity offered and apply yourself to the best of your ability. you only get out what you put in.