Mechanical Apprentice at EDF Energy

2011
Somerset

Connect with EDF Energy

My role as a mechanical apprentice is to carry out maintenance on plant on a day-to-day basis.

I have learnt many new skills during my time as an apprentice which I can transfer back to the workplace. Most of them are new skills, but the basics skills I learnt in school have been developed.

I enjoy coming into work and being able to learn and develop skills which will help me in the future of my working life.

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

There are many perks when working for EDF. The more you give to them the more you will get back.

Our programme is very well organised and structured to allow apprentices to gain good knowledge and skills of how to work out on plant safely and effectively.

We are supported very well by the training department. If and when we require training there is an easy sytem to book yourself on to certain courses.

Any problems that we have our employer will always try and help no matter what it is. They are very leniant on circumstances which may happen outside of work and will do anything to help you.

My salary meets my costs easily, since joinging EDF the salary wage has helped me to save money for my future, and also live healthy a lifestyle.

There is always something going on outside of work. Whether it is between work friends, or something that is arranged by the company.

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

I feel it is one of the best apprenticeships around for young people. There are many new skills to be learnt and there is a good future ahead.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *

Say yes to every opportunity you get, the apprenticeship offers many life skill trips and they really help the social side of your apprenticeship.