1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role as a mechanical apprentice is to carry out maintenance on plant on a day-to-day basis.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills during my time as an apprentice which I can transfer back to the workplace. Most of them are new skills, but the basics skills I learnt in school have been developed.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy coming into work and being able to learn and develop skills which will help me in the future of my working life.
4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?
There are many perks when working for EDF. The more you give to them the more you will get back.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Our programme is very well organised and structured to allow apprentices to gain good knowledge and skills of how to work out on plant safely and effectively.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We are supported very well by the training department. If and when we require training there is an easy sytem to book yourself on to certain courses.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Any problems that we have our employer will always try and help no matter what it is. They are very leniant on circumstances which may happen outside of work and will do anything to help you.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary meets my costs easily, since joinging EDF the salary wage has helped me to save money for my future, and also live healthy a lifestyle.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is always something going on outside of work. Whether it is between work friends, or something that is arranged by the company.
9. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend?
I feel it is one of the best apprenticeships around for young people. There are many new skills to be learnt and there is a good future ahead.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy?
Say yes to every opportunity you get, the apprenticeship offers many life skill trips and they really help the social side of your apprenticeship.
More from EDF EnergyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!