1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work within finance and closely with my team, aiding them where I can on their ad-hoc tasks, on a monthly basis I deal with the month end actual packs that are sent out to directors, I also deal with the programme dashboards regularly.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Coming to Unilever with no background in finance, I have learnt a vast amount of skills ranging from formulaes in Excel to helping prepare the quarterly Forecasts.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme had broadened my knowledge a huge amount, learning new things every week keeps it interesting and enjoyable.
4. How valued do you feel by Unilever?
Unilever is a huge company and within big companies, the employees don't get the same treatment than within small companies, however, Unilever differs from other companies and looks after their staff well.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
From the start you know where you stand and what your role is within the company and team.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
PDS are very supportive and always around when needed
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
AEA have always been helpful and support all apprentices very well
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Everyone has various out goings and differ from each other, but compared to other apprenticeships this pay packet is head and shoulders above the rest
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are plenty of opportunities if you work hard everyday
9. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend?
I have friends from the year before who are doing really well for themselves from the apprenticeship and it has so many opportunities, its a great company to get into.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Unilever?
If you manage to get the opportunity to work at Unilever, don't take it for granted and work hard everyday, the benefits will pay off in the long run
More from UnileverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!