Finance apprentice at Unilever

Kingston
11th June 2015

Connect with Unilever

7.6/10

I work within finance and closely with my team, aiding them where I can on their ad-hoc tasks, on a monthly basis I deal with the month end actual packs that are sent out to directors, I also deal with the programme dashboards regularly.

Coming to Unilever with no background in finance, I have learnt a vast amount of skills ranging from formulaes in Excel to helping prepare the quarterly Forecasts.

The programme had broadened my knowledge a huge amount, learning new things every week keeps it interesting and enjoyable.

4. How valued do you feel by Unilever?

Unilever is a huge company and within big companies, the employees don't get the same treatment than within small companies, however, Unilever differs from other companies and looks after their staff well.

From the start you know where you stand and what your role is within the company and team.

PDS are very supportive and always around when needed

AEA have always been helpful and support all apprentices very well

Everyone has various out goings and differ from each other, but compared to other apprenticeships this pay packet is head and shoulders above the rest

There are plenty of opportunities if you work hard everyday

9a. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend? *

I have friends from the year before who are doing really well for themselves from the apprenticeship and it has so many opportunities, its a great company to get into.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Unilever? *

If you manage to get the opportunity to work at Unilever, don't take it for granted and work hard everyday, the benefits will pay off in the long run