1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a machining apprenitce in my second year, on the average day i work with skilled machinists to gain an understanding of machining principles and apply them to small jobs that I am asked to do.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills: the operation of CNC Machines, how to operate a lathe and a milling machine as well personal skills such as team work and listening.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy coming in to work every day and it is a pleasure to get out of bed knowing I will be working for such an esteemed company.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
I feel very valued, everyone within the company always has time for an apprentice and wants you to develop, I am pushed to experience new activities daily and thourouhgly enjoy peoples inputs.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme is very well structured, assessors make sure you know what you're doing and when and give you a clear pathway to qualification.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
An awful lot of support, wether it be professionally or personally my provider has alwasy got time to help me deal with my problems.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer is my training provider so my answer is the same as the above question.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very Well! it has allowed me to move out of my parents and rent a home of my own, buy a car and live a very cushy life, and of course there is always drinking money left over.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes many! the compnay put on many different events and encourages an apprentice presence at these events. For instance I will be taking part in the german exchange later this year.
9. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
It is a wonderul place to work, where employees are looked after very well and payed well. It feels like the company is a parent to you on occasion.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems?
Just be confident and be yourself, the company wants honest people willing to put the effort in.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!