1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
supporting planned maintenance work on site.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
developed exsisting skills and become farmiliar with new areas of mechanical technology
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
the programe is on the whole and enjoyable experience
4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?
most of the time.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the first two years away are structutred but so subject to change from conditions and equipment availability that there is no real organisation from a planning prespective.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
the support is there if required. anyone in the relevant departments can be appriached for help or guideance
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
support is recieved more from colleagues and local line managers. as a very large company EDF use others in the departments to support us
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
the money is much above average for an apprentice wage. however everyone would always like to be paid more
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
the nature of a nuclear based organisation means out of work activities are limited however there is a large social network of those from the organisation who have contact out of hours
9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
the training provided is a huge valuable knowledge that can also be applied to many other careers as well as the qualifications and relevant skills gained for use.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *
to make the most of the training and opportunities given to allow maximum benefit and gain in skills for use in both your working and non working life.
More from EDF EnergyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!