1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Mechanical apprentice. This involves following a qualified technician and learning vital skills to excel in my technical ability.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I came from school as a 'blank canvas' the eDF program has turned me into a nuclear professional and excelled me as a person.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy every part of the program from being down at HMS Sultan to being full time onsite. I'd recommend this program to anyone.
4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?
I feel like part of the team and feel like eDF Energy have my progession as a priority.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel the apprenticeship is more structed when your back onsite. I felt being down South at HMS Sultan was slightly unorganised however I have enjoyed the whole experiance.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The trainers are very approachable and alaways happy to help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I get very good support, including putting me through my HNC at Blackpool college.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel im very lucky to earn the money I do and I have no complaints.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, college courses.
9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Set up for life and a fabulous experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *
Know your stuff, be confident and enjoy yourself.
More from EDF EnergyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!