PA/ Team Assistant at Unilever

£271 weekly
11th June 2015

Connect with Unilever

9.8/10

I am a team assistant/PA for the HAIR Brand team. This is an exciting role that involves - using different systems to raise and receipt orders, sending out products to bloggers, arranging travel, conversing with different PR agencies to help them with their events + different types of promotion.

Before i started this apprenticeship i did not know anything about marketing. From sitting in various different meetings, speaking to various different people and working in such a big company has helped me to gain a lot of skills and experience - learnt new systems, have had excel training courses, different types of store promotions, how ATH- All Things Hair operates etc.

Every day is a new day - there is no 2 days that are the same which makes the experience and programme extremely enjoyable.

4. How valued do you feel by Unilever?

All of my team make the effort to involve me in as many things as possible, they invite me to sit in their meetings so i can get a better understanding + knowledge of the marketing world. There fore i feel appreciated and as though people constantly want to help.

My programme is well organised. I have a mentor who is on the grad scheme who helps me and trains me in the marketing side of HAIR. I then have my line manager who trains me in everything you need to know about being a PA!

I am in constant contact with my training provider - any problems i have with coursework i just ask and always get a quick response. I also have regular meetings to monitor my progress which helps to keep me on the right track.

Plenty of support. There are so many different people i can speak to about a variety of different things.

Before this apprenticeship I was in a full time job - I was working more hours than i currently am now yet i am earning the exact same amount. I find the apprenticeship very well paid considering you are learning and getting qualification at the end of it.

Since i have started this apprenticeship I feel as though i have had more oppurtunities. There is a gym that we can use during or after work, and i get invited to different hair events in london.

9a. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend? *

These days it is very hard to find a well paid job within a good company without having been to university. This is a great way to gain experience within a working environment whilst learning at the same time. Plus rather than you paying for the education, you are being paid for it and increasing your chances of landing your self a well paid job and a proper career!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Unilever? *

It is not easy but its worth it - but then again nothing good comes easily! Work hard, be confident, speak to as many people as you can and just take a shot at it. Risks always pay off!