1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice mechanical technician - Maintenance on mechanical equipment including pumps, valves etc
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, on-job-training is a big part for my apprenticeship
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy hands on work.
4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well structured in some areas, poorly in others
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Help is available when i need it
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Support when needed is good
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
In years 1 & 2 my salary only just covered my costs. Year 3 & 4 salary are slightly better.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I think there are opportunities outside of EDF as well as opportunities to progress in the company.
9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good training, good work, fairly good wages
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *
Living away from home for training in years 1 & 2 might not suit some people
More from EDF EnergyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!