AIRCRAFT FITTER at BAE Systems

Preston
£1,050 monthly
June 2015

8.9/10

I am Training to become an Aircraft Fitter at BAE SYSTEMS. I work 3 days on site at Salmsbury and 1 day at college studying for my HNC. Day-to-day role is to learn basic fitting skills and carry out on the job tasks, under the supervison of a skilled worker.

Since starting the apprenticeship i have learned many skills appropriate to my final job role. Some of which are: *Drilling *Countersinking *Filing *Using adhesives *Using tools and equipment ETC

I have thoughourly enjoyed my experience as i have gained the knowledge and skills to become competant at my job and i have enjoyed working with lots of different people.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

I feel very valued as apprentices are always ivolved in many different oppurtunities and our progression is strictly monitored.

The structure to my apprenticeship is clearly organised and well thought through. I knew from the first week, exactly what i would be undertaking and where i would be every step of the way.

The trianing provider are very supportive and are focused on our progression. they show by doing 12 weekly reviews on progess and make sure we are comfortable within the job.

The employer gives us as apprentices lots of support, as if ever we need anything we simply need ask and if achievablethey will resolve the issue.

The salary package is very good considering we are on an apprenticeship. we are also given the oppurtity to work overtime.

YEs there are opputunites to travel abroad with BAE SYSTEMS on the german exchange or trips to Bharain or Dubai.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

Very good company to work for and look after their colleagues. interesting job and very friendly people.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *