Scholarship Intern at EY

£400 weekly
9th June 2015

Connect with EY

7.9/10

I was part of a team working on a project for a client. The work typically involved development of spreadsheets to model price changes and then using presentation software to demonstrate these results.

I've particularly developed my excel skills and am now able to carry out a much wider range of tasks. I also developed many personal skills particularly teamwork and communication skills.

The work was really suited to what I like to do; working with spreadsheets and then presenting the outputs. The team were very welcoming towards me and that really helped me to settle in.

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

I definitely felt valued. The team I worked with gave me lots of interesting and important tasks to carry out and the scholarship team really treat us well with lots of networking events and socials.

There were a couple of induction days and then an IT day to start us of. We were assigned a mentor with whom we had 3 meetings throughout the programme to review progress

There is a very good support system and lots of people we could go to if there are problems. There were 2 days of training at the start of the programme.

People are always very willing to help if we have any problems, including the people on the team, the HR team and we had a buddy, someone who's also quite new to the company and so can understand the sorts of issue we face. I did have some difficulty with IT and struggled to understand the IT helpline. It would have been useful to have an on-site help desk.

Both commuting around London and living there are incredibly expensive. I was lucky that I live close and so didn't have to rent. I know that for some of my friends, rent would account for roughly half of their wages. In spite of this I think that the salary is reasonable given that it is an internship.

The HR team organised lots of social events for us and we had some social events with the team. There are also some EY sports clubs which I didn't get around to during my programme but which I would certainly enjoy. We also had a day of volunteering in a local park which I really enjoyed and really value.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

It is a really valuable experience that is enjoyable, interesting and enhances a huge range of personal and professional skills.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Choose carefully the particular programme and area because there is a big range of options available. Do some preparation for the assessment centre by thinking about likely questions.