1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Production work in one of many departments on site. Involves soldering and compounding activities, various fitting jobs, self inspection and some small testing opperations.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Several new skills have been developed, including vast improvements to my soldering capability. Knoweledge of compounding and fitting has been greatly improved along with additional knoweledge of testsing abilities.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed my apperenticeship greatly.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
I feel fairly valued, however as a lower grade apperentice I do sometimes feel undervalued.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The program is faily well structured however some problems did develop with the training provider.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A fair ammount, however many people believe that the support was minimal and therefore distrubution of support was poor.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Regular, was very useful and always helpful.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Unfortunatley I have expensive travel arrangements as I have to commute in to work.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, however these are generally around health and activites or charity work.
9. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
I believe BAE Systems is a great company, that would be an asset to anyone looking to advance themselves in the field of electronics.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems?
Apply for the higher level apprenticeship, the craft apprenticeship (the one that im on) has less support to further yourself and lower wage once you come off the apprenticeship. Also the requirements for applying are the same for both courses.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!