1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am currently in my 3rd placement working within the Financial Governance team of BAE Systems Maritime Submarines. Here i am currently undertaking audits of the Expenses, Delegated Authorities and Nominal Ledger processes as part of the Financial Controls Framework (FCF) to ensure that the business is compliant with local and external policies.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- Improved planning skills
- Improved time management skills
- Boosted my knowledge on processes I have not yet been exposed to
- Learning to produce and issue formal reports to senior members of the management team.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme very much. I have been given a great opportunity where by I have the ability to move around all areas within the Finance function and gain crucial knowledge which I can use throughout my career
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
I feel very valued. I feel supported by the business as they are funding my professional education. My placements also offer me 'real' roles which offer me real challenges and responsibilities.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme is very well structured. I have been made aware of the placements I will be working in for the next 4 years.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive support. I can email my training provider at any time if I am in need of additional information or help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive lots of support. I have been issued with a mentor who is a member of the exec community within the finance function. There is also lots of support available from other Finance Trainees.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are always opportunities to work on 'stretch assignments' which provide the Trainees/Graduates with chance to develop skills which they would not necessarily get to develop in certain placements.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Opportunities. Support through professional education. Salary.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
For higher apprenticeships, ensure you work hard at college to achieve your required A-Level grades.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!