1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
1st year of my apprenticeship I experienced skills of different trades such as aircraft fitting and electrical. I then specialised as a machinist and now am going to different placements throughout site and experienceing varied work environments and types of machining.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I have never used a milling machine before and now know how to fully use one and it's features. I also greatly improved on my turning skills and learnt about new processes.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The workj envornment is full of people happy to help and further your learning experience as well as my colleagues who all get along really well making it an enjoyable work place.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
Very as the program is well organised and a lot of thought has been put into the apprenticeship.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There are set dates and a plan for the programme with accompanying jobs to complete with time frames, very organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A great deal as they check up on my progress and ask my at the time supervisor.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A decent amount, they have organised a programme that really consideres the apprentice.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Well enough as when compared to other apprentices it is one of the best oaying ones.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are programs apprentices are available to sign up for such as german exchange and world skills.
9. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
You are treated well and learn a great deal of skills. The people who work there are also good to work with and treat you like an employee.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems?
be confident and don't worry if you lack practical experince as a lot of people who have got in have never done practical or aerospace related work.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!