Procurement Apprentice. at BAE Systems

Warton/Samlesbury

7.9/10

i am working in the procurement function. in this role i purchase parts for different aircrafts and monitor and manage the different suppliers.I work on all different platforms of aircraft too.

All the procurement skills i have learnt are new and i have also developed exsisting skills such as excel and customer service skills since starting.

I thoroughly enjoy my programme as it is well structured and we get the oppertunity to work in a diverse way different to many other apprenticeships.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

all the staff are friendly. I have always felt like a valued member of the team throughout all my placements. No matter what level anyone is willing to support apprentices.

the programme is very well structured allowing us to have 5 placements while completing an NVQ and several college courses at the same time throughout the apprenticeship.

we recieve alot of support throughout out placements by out tutours. This is by having reviews to monitor our progress however this could be improved in the future.

All my managers have been very supportive throughout my placements helping me with college and NVQ work even though they only need to provide us with business knowlege.

For our age braket the wage fits cost well and is alot higher then other apprentices. As i am older it only just stretches to my costs but the experiance is more important.

Yes, there are many things you can get involved with outside of work. this is mainly sporting activities or anything where there is common intreast.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

Because the apprenticeship has been developed and modified for years so it meets the experiance and knowlege that the apprentices need to develop throughout.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

To research about the company and what they do. Also i think it is very important to do activities outside your day-to-day tasks, such as voulanteering or scouting etc.