Business Management Apprentice, Finance at BAE Systems

Blackburn
9th June 2015

8.0/10

I have just left my old placement in which I was responsible of the GPB Mad Cashbook. It was my responsibility to allocate all the receipts and payments into the GBP account to respective codes in BaaN.

I have completed and passed the first aid course. I am also currently progressing through my Project Management Course at Runshaw College. I have gained many financial skills in my placements so far and have also gained personal skills such as confidence, communication skills and team working skills.

I really enjoy moving around and meeting different people to build contacts. I enjoy the culture of BAE, working at an appropriate pace to progress in your career.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

In the placement that I just left, I was really appreciated. I was delegated highly important tasks and i was always treated like a valued member of the team. Overall as an organisation, it would be better if apprentices had a more respected position.

Very organised. We have a clear outline of the NVQ, what we are working towards. The organisation is well structured also, and we have had the opportunity to engage with senior directors.

Alot of support. They are easily accessible via email or phone. They have a positive attitude when I ask for help. They push us beyond our limits which allows us to recognise our potential.

I receive a great amount of support from my line manager in regards to some of the work i have to do as part of my placement. In regards to the NVQ, my assessor has supported me from the beginning as there is a confusing structure to the NVQ.

I don't manage to save a lot of money from my salary as the site is quite far from home, thus the money spent on diesel is quite high.

I take part in many sports outside of work hours. I attend Islamic Classes which has now come to an end after 7 years which contribute towards a degree.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

There are so many job opportunities in BAE, there's something for everyone.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Be prepared to not get 170 days holidays like school, especially if you have come straight out of high school or college.